First Baptist Church exists because of the grace of God. We seek to connect people with biblical community in Enid and around the world.
What is biblical community?
Biblical Community is a way of saying what matters most here at First Baptist Church. We seek to be “biblical.” That means we look to the Bible as the source of truth that God gives us to guide our lives. We believe His word clearly shows us that we are imperfect people because of sin, and that Jesus provides the way to reconciliation with God. The word “community” means that we gather together as God’s people. We put aside our differences of opinion and personal preferences to come together to worship God, grow in our understanding of who He is and His will, and we commit to connect with people around us and share with them how much Jesus loves us.
Our Core Values:
- Commitment to hearing and teaching God’s word
- Commitment to express our gratitude toward God through providing the best music and worship experience possible
- Commitment to fellowship with one another through ministry groups and teams
- Commitment to loving people, inviting them to know Jesus in us and to know Him personally
- Disciple: through mentorships, resourcing, and encouragement
- Share: through strategic mission efforts, and everyday life
- Evaluate: provide group and self-evaluation tools and goals for measuring where further strategic discipleship needs to occur
- Multiply: see people come to faith in Jesus, increase mission involvement, and grow more like Jesus
First Baptist is a member church of the Southern Baptist Convention, Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma and Cherokee Strip Baptist Association. A brief discussion of Southern Baptist beliefs can be found here. For more information on generally held convictions of Southern Baptist churches see The Baptist Faith and Message. Hard copies are available at the church office. The full text on the issue discussed is also available.