Upcoming LIFT events:
Please click on an event below to register for the event. Registrations are being accepted for events in blue.
- Christmas Cookie Exchange – November 30
- “How to” Event – TBA
- Home (BGCO Women’s Retreat) – April 20-21, 2018
What is LIFT?
Ladies in Faith Together (LIFT) is a ministry of the First Baptist Church of Enid that seeks to encourage women to walk humbly with Christ in their world and build strong families capable of creating a legacy of faithfulness.
LIFT is a biblical based women’s ministry that seeks to equip women to pray for and minister to women of all ages, their families and future generations for the building up of Christ’s Kingdom. LIFT engages women with the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Evangelism); educates women to prayerfully study and apply God’s word in their lives (Discipleship); and equips women to do Kingdom work through service locally and globally (Missions).
LIFT finds its biblical foundations in Titus 2:3-5. “In the same way, teach older women to be holy in their behavior, not speaking against others or enslaved to too much wine, but teaching what is good. Then they can teach the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be wise and pure, to be good workers at home, to be kind, and to yield to their husbands. Then no one will be able to criticize the teaching God gave us.”
The Tasks of LIFT
- Equip local church women to enrich the lives of other women through Christ;
- Help women discover their God-given gifts for ministry, determine needs in their communities, and match those needs with their gifts of service; and
- Lead women to accept Christ as Lord, become women of deep prayer, and become women who study the Bible and base their lives on the Word of God.